Sunday 7 September 2014

Barry M Genie Lipstick

When I first saw this lipstick I told my Mum that the Barry M lipstick in Genie, a green lipstick, must be for Halloween! I then told my friend about it, on the way to our shopping trip for University supplies. She had heard that the lipstick changes colour on your lips!! Me and my friend then headed straight to the nearest pharmacy and tried it out. On me the lipstick turned a cherry pink colour and on my friend in turned baby pink! Apparently it changes colour by adapting to the alkaline on your lips but I would like to believe it is by magic like the name suggests!













The colour on me makes me eyes brighter by enhance the blue in my eyes. My complexion seems brighter without any other makeup on! The blue undertone of this lipstick helps my teeth to appear whiter which is always a bonus when wearing a slightly bold lip.



The formula is creamy almost like a lip balm in texture. Though despite this I would recommend moisturising your lips before you apply the lipstick to help give an even finish. Barry M claims the lipstick lasts up to 8 hours. I wouldn't say it lasted for 8 hours but it is certainly long lasting. As it stayed on through me drinking water and eating spaghetti lady in the tramp style! That is impressive especially as it was under £5!

The packaging is compact making it the perfect size to carry in your handbag. I find  the packaging of the lipstick bright and cheerful though some may find it tacky! The case feels smooth and comfortable to hold when applying the lipstick.



I had never used a Barry M lipstick before this one. I now can't wait to buy a another one! I'm thinking of buying a plum toned lipstick for the autumn and winter which is slowly creeping in! Whats your favourite make up brand for lip products and what is your favourite shade?

Bumble x

Genie on Barry M website




No comments:

Post a Comment