Saturday 13 September 2014

The Battle of the Natural Drugstore Palttes! (Both under £10)

MUA- Heaven and Earth vs Sleek- Au Naturel 




MUA Heaven and Earth- £4 
This palette has a mixture of shimmer and matte colours. The shimmer is only a hint though so no need to worry about looking like a disco ball! The pigment it is incredible, especially for the price. I would say the pigment matches some more expensive eye shadows I've brought. I often use this palette for an everyday look, sweeping a light shade across my eyelid and working a darker colour into my crease giving me subtly defined eyes. One thing I would improve about the packaging is the absence of a large mirror other than that it is slim and compact, perfect for travelling.


Sleek Au Naturel- £8 
This palette just like the MUA palette has a mixture of shimmer and matte colours without the 80's disco effect. I would say the pigment is stronger than in the MUA palette but this is to be expected as you are paying double the price. The packaging is also compact and feels luxurious to hold but unlike the MUA pallet has a huge mirror perfect for applying your make up on the go. To me the only negative comment on the packaging is it does show finger prints easily but I think that's just a personal bug bearer! As the shade are slightly darker than the MUA palette I find them too dark for everyday wear but perfect for natural evening making up. When you want something a bit bolder but still using natural tones and shades. 

What palette do you enjoy using? Which palette do you prefer in the battle between MUA- Heaven and Earth and Sleek- Au Naturel? 

Bumble xx

No comments:

Post a Comment